Building a strong analytics group is central to the success of your analytics programs and will accelerate your path to becoming an analytics-driven enterprise.
From visionary decision makers to data engineers, analysts, and other technical experts, WebbMason Analytics can help you build a detailed understanding of your current and future talent needs.
Developing an Analytics Center of Excellence is the goal for most enterprises. It’s a group of analytics and IT experts who enable, govern, and promote analytics methods to help your business units achieve their objectives.
Whether you are starting to build an analytics team from scratch, or consolidating employees from different business areas, you need a resourcing plan so you can build a team to lead and execute your initiative.
- Define analytics roles, including data engineers and data scientists, and appraise workforce readiness.
- Develop an analytics group resourcing plan that will align with the Agile Analytics Development Lifecycle.
- Create technical job descriptions that will help streamline the hiring process and clarify the skill sets you need, including ability with SQL, R, Python and other programming languages.
- Formulate career paths for each job description and seniority level to help you retain top talent.
- Pave the way for potential team mergers, facilitate cross-functional collaboration, and remove the barriers of business silos.
Evaluate Your Existing Team
You already have valuable employees on your team. Their skills in math, statistics, and programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and others are often transferable to advanced analytics with additional training.
WebbMason Analytics routinely transitions existing employees to advanced analytics practices and tools.
Here are some of the ways we do this:
- Conduct detailed technical assessments of each employee’s skills.
- Develop a training plan to move employees to new tools and technologies.
- Align team members with new positions.
- Identify skill gaps and incorporate new hire requirements into a strategic hiring plan.
Attract Data Science Talent
The current shortage of data science and analytics skills make it difficult for enterprises to attract expert talent.
We’ve been part of this industry for more than a decade and we are keenly aware of the nuances candidates bring from a variety of business areas to this new and rapidly evolving field.
When it is time to find candidates for your team, WebbMason Analytics can work alongside your HR and technical recruiters to help you attract and evaluate the technical competence of your applicants.
How WMA Helps:
- Use our deep knowledge of the data science field to write compelling job descriptions that will attract top performers.
- Assess candidate skill sets on paper.
- Participate in the interview process to determine an applicant’s technical suitability and whether they are up to the challenge.
- Conduct detailed technical assessments of each applicant’s skills.